Atria is Hiring!
Exterior Plant Installer & Maintenance Technician
Atria is accepting applications for the position of Exterior Plant Installer and Maintenance Technician. The ideal candidate is a hardworking individual with landscaping/horticultural experience who will maintain exterior plantings in and around the Hartford area. This is a seasonal position (April – November), averaging 25 hours per week with the opportunity for year-round work for the right candidate. Applicants should have a passion for maintaining a beautiful environment, some experience, a reliable vehicle and a clean driving record.
Details listed below. Interested? Apply Here!
- Exterior planting, watering and maintaining plants 2 – 4 days per week (weather dependent).
- Appropriate pruning and removal of yellow leaves/flowers as well as removal of trash and debris from planters.
- Clear and immediate communication to management of any damaged, vandalized, dead plantings or account issues, including photos.
- Responsible for keeping an accurate log of account maintenance and hours on every account.
- Scheduled account visits, paying special attention to high maintenance accounts.
- Responsible for upkeep of tools and equipment.
- Seek and make suggestions for improvements when applicable.
- Additional special projects as needed.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Prior exterior installation and maintenance a plus, but we will train the right candidate.
- Sense of humor and good nature with clients and colleagues a must!
- Consistent and effective performance minimizing plant replacements.
- Ability to handle daily duties, as scheduled by supervisor, with minimal oversight.
Working Conditions & Requirements
- Valid driver’s license (driving record check required) and a reliable vehicle, as well as the ability to drive for long periods of time.
- Ability to work through inclement weather.
- A cell phone with a camera function
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work on ladders (6’ – 14’)
- Standing for long periods of time; stretching, bending, lifting, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing and pulling – medium to heavy physical requirements.
- Must be able to use hoses, water tanks, buckets, scissors, pruners, hand-saws, and other small tools as needed.
- Scheduling flexibility a must, including the occasional weekend – this job is weather dependent and will require 2 – 4 days of work per week. Generally Mon, Wed, Fri, 6 – 8 hour days.
- Partial cell phone reimbursement.
- Mileage reimbursement when personal vehicle is used.
- Potential for year-round work for the right candidate.